The Big Clean Longwear Mascara – Black
9.5g / 0.34 oz
Why you'll love it
- Body-building ingredients thicken, lengthen, and define
- Active hair care ingredients support stronger, healthier lashes over time
- Long-wear formula stay smudge-proof for up to 12 hours
How to use
- Press the brush into the base of your lashes and wiggle it through, with the curve of the brush following the natural curve of your eye
- Add another layer for extra volume
Castor seed oil
Moisturizes and supports growth
Strengthens and repairs damage
Volumize and reduce fallout
Aqua (Water), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Diisostearoyl Polyglyceryl-3 Dimer, Dilinoleate, Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Pullulan; Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Acacia, Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Trehelose, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Propanediol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate [+/-: Iron Oxide (CI 77499)]
Formulated without gluten-derived ingredients; may have been produced in a facility that also processes gluten-derived ingredients
About this Brand
Kosas quite simply takes our breath away. It’s a gold standard for luxe, hydrating, better-for-you ingredients combined with a sense of color and beauty that only an artist could dream up.
Sheena Yaitanes, a painter who studied biology, chemistry, and art history, founded this exquisite brand (pronounced ko-shas) in 2015. She uses a color-mixing technique favored by master artists to create what she describes as “elevated color cosmetics.” Her painting background guides what pigments to use and how to match skin tones to the right products.
- Luscious products, especially lipsticks and blushes
- Shades picked artfully to match either warm or cool skin tones
- Designed for women on-the-go – can be applied in the back of a Lyft
- Free of parabens, phthalates, BHA/BHT, mineral oil, propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, petrolatum, vitamin A, retinoids, and retinoid derivatives
- Name “Kosas” reflects the five interconnected layers, or “kosas,” of the self: the physical, energetic, mental, intellectual, and soul
- Based in Los Angeles, California
“We source ingredients for two reasons: extreme nourishment and supreme luxury. We choose only the ones that deliver both.”
- Gluten, egg, nut, and soy free
- Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free
- Botanically-rich makeup that acts as skincare too
I'll see the tube through because I paid for it but I will not buy again.
I think it looks really beautiful when it goes on. Long individual lashes look. But because it doesn't really harden at all it smears easily if you rub your eye or something. It's also really difficult to get off. Like it pulls and smears.
I had the Ilia mascara before this. I love that it hardened and came off so easily with water. Wasn't overly impressed with the look of it on eyes but it was more buildible than this one. Unfortunately though the Ilia one really irritated my eyes. This mascara doesn't irritate me at all however and I have super sensitive eyes.
It is a light mascara. Because of smear factor in particular though and difficulty of taking off I don't love it.
Yes the packaging and brush applicator has a great curve YET I’ve had better, it comes on too thick and doesn’t wash off easily causing me grey residue after a shower. For a dirty option the cover girl orange tube, clean version LOVE the Ilia mascara especially since they changed from metallic to while mat packaging.
I’m so glad that Kosas has come out with a mascara but it could use a little work. The brush broke off the wand on the first one I ordered. They sent a replacement but I’m still not sure about the brush. It’s very globby when it comes out of the tube. I either have to wipe the globs off the brush or off my eyelashes. That said, once it’s on, it looks fabulous and has good staying power. Typically I avoid black mascaras in favor of brown but this one looks natural even on my blonde lashes.
I wanted to love the big clean... but it feel short or my expectations. Not much volume, lashes stick together. The worst part is I get black residue under my eyes during the day but I can’t get the mascara to come off. Even after removing with eye makeup up remover & an oil remover :( typically I have to wash again in the morning and use eye make up remover to get clean lashes again. Won’t be purchasing again
Trying this out since there was so much rave about it. I do like the mascara more than other ones I have tried in the past. It does add volume with 1-2 applications. Though it does get clumpy in some areas. But hoping in time it will strengthen my lashes and show similar results as shown on the product page. I will continue to give this a try.