Why you'll love it
- Nourishes the delicate eye area with natural ingredients
- Adheres to eyeshadow to create perfect looks that last all day
About this brand
We love Alima Pure for its fabulous, long-lasting makeup – especially the lip tints and eyeshadows. And our makeup artists swear by its exquisite brushes.
Kate O’Brien, a former teacher, founded Alima Pure in 2004. She had gotten obsessed with clean beauty following the tragic losses of her mother and aunt to breast cancer. The brand is known for its pure, luxurious ingredients, environmental and social stewardship, and inclusivity.
- Known for cosmetics purity, luxury, and performance
- Especially wonderful lip tints, eyeshadow and makeup brushes
- Includes the highest-quality ingredients and no synthetic dyes
- Always free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, phthalates, dimethicone, petroleum, talc, bismuth oxychloride, and nanoparticles
- Never tested on animals
- Based in Portland, Oregon
From Alima Pure:
“You should be able to depend on your makeup to look and feel awesome. All. Day. Long.”
- Certified B Corporation
- Carbon neutral for the past 10 years by offsetting 100% of carbon emissions
- 1% of annual gross revenue donated to environmental organizations dedicated to protecting the planet
Protects and balances
Seals in moisture
Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Flower/ Leaf/ Stem Water, Mica, Sucrose Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Squalane (Olive Derived), Oleic/ Linoleic/ Linolenic/ Polyglycerides, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Olive Glycerides, Aqua, Glyceryl Caprylate, Apricot Kernel Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Ester, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Tocopherol (Sunflower Derived), Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Microcrystalline Cellulose (Plant Derived), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive Oil), Cellulose Gum (Plant Derived), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cellulose, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Red Iron Oxide)
May contain nut-derived ingredients
Formulated without gluten-derived ingredients; may have been produced in a facility that also processes gluten-derived ingredients
I had been using Urban Decay prior to this. It has held on my eye make up well. Not completely still there at the end of the day but I'm not sure any brand can attest to that.
This primer is pretty good for being non toxic. It goes from a gel/cream to very sticky/tacky consistency which makes it great for grabbing shadows. You need very little which is great. It works just as well as my old Urban decay primer potion. But it does crease by the end of the night. I do have oily lids so if you’re dry you should be fine. I haven’t tried it with concealer Base on top, so I can’t really say how well it does with that. Overall a good little primer.
I have trouble getting eyeshadow to stay all day, and this eye primer did the trick! I’m very happy with it.
Awesome long wearing holds shadow like glue!!