Why you'll love it
- Creates a super-precise line of eyeliner with powder or gel formulas
- Smudges out pencil liner to effortlessly create a smokey eye look
- Multi-tasking point is also perfect for spot concealing and cleaning up lines
About this brand
We knew Jenny Patinkin was our kind of girl when we read her amazing book, “Lazy Perfection.” The title captures her philosophy on beauty perfectly! We became even more enamored after meeting her, working with her and using her luscious makeup tools.
As a renowned makeup artist, trained in London and Chicago, Jenny knows how to create top-of-the-line beauty tools that deliver. But here’s the kicker: they’re designed with an approach to makeup that is sophisticated yet in an uncomplicated, no-frills kind of way.
In addition to her cosmetic products, her concept of “flat-aging” approaches the issue of (anti-)aging from an angle of self-acceptance and care.
In a 2017 interview with Beauty Independent, Patinkin said, “Working with regular women makes me happy. That’s where the Lazy Perfection idea of looking great without really trying started to gel. It occurred to me that women wanted to wear less makeup – and I do, too – and I didn’t feel anybody was talking to us about that.”
- Multi-use, multi-purpose brushes can be used with liquid, cream, or powder makeup
- Designed with a tapered tip that won’t pick up too much makeup
- Weighted handles allow for extra control
From Jenny Patinkin:
“Flat-Aging is being present and happy with your appearance, no matter your age and no matter what skincare or aesthetic path you choose to take. The Flat-Aging model embraces confidence and refuses to do mortal combat with nature, but also allows room for new technologies and formulations.”
All Jenny Patinkin products are:
- 100% handmade and vegan tools
- Packed with 2.5x as many bristles as a conventional brush
- Made with high-quality, technologically advanced synthetic fibers that are finer than natural hair
How to use
- Roll the brush tip through your product
- Gently tap, drag, or swirl to apply
- Use wet or dry
I especially love that it has a cap, so I can keep it in my purse without fear.
I also agree with other reviewers that ti could be pointier. Good but could be better. I don't know where you would find it though.
I got this for my mother for her to use. She uses it for the lid liner when applying eye shadow. It works well, although the tip could be a little more pronounced.
I wanted a brush to do pinpoint concealing and thought this would do the trick. Unfortunately, the brush isn't very aptly named; it simply isn't pointy enough. It might be OK for smudging eyeliner.