Lip Velvet – Sangria
0.19oz / 5.4g
Why you'll love it
- Infused with natural oils and vitamins that nourish and hydrate lips
- Budge-proof formula is made to last, no touch-ups required
- A mixture of soothing ingredients prevent cracking or flaking
About this brand
NakedPoppy adores CLOVE + HALLOW. We searched high and low for the world’s best clean concealer and uncovered CLOVE + HALLOW’s cult following. So, we tried their concealer ourselves. We were thrilled by the results – and by the brand’s uncompromising commitment to vegan, cruelty-free beauty.
Makeup artist Sarah Biggers founded CLOVE + HALLOW in 2016 after recovering from a debilitating illness that caused her to rethink all the chemicals in her life. The brand reflects Sarah’s professional standards as a makeup artist, love of animals, and commitment to an affordable price point.
- High-quality products with high-quality ingredients
- Concealer is a NakedPoppy favorite
- Founded and led by a professional makeup artist who grew up in a family of entrepreneurs
- Clean15™ formulation strategy replaces thousands of questionable chemicals with a well-researched roster of natural ingredients and safe synthetics
- Free of parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrance or flavor, and more than 1,500 other questionable nasties that are known carcinogens, endocrine and hormone disruptors, allergens, or animal by-products
- Made with skin-loving botanicals, butters, oils, and waxes, gorgeous pigments, ECO-CERT approved preservatives, and other luxe ingredients
- Based in Atlanta, Georgia
From CLOVE + HALLOW:
“A word about safe: we understand there is no universally accepted definition of what clean, green, or safe means within the beauty space. At CLOVE + HALLOW, these words mean that all ingredients, natural or otherwise, have been well-researched for safety and selected based on serving a necessary function - such as pigment, preservation, or performance. Additionally, we stay on top of new research to ensure that our formulations are consistent with modern science.”
All Clove + Hallow products are:
- PETA-certified vegan and cruelty-free
- Made in America, but follow the E.U.’s more stringent formulation standards
Coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin E
Deliver long-wear color that hydrates and nourishes
Coconut Alkanes, Isododecane, Hectorite Clay, Polypropylsisesquioxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Sunflower Seed Wax, Argan Oil, Vitamin E, Iron Oxides, FD&C Pigments
Contains coconut oil
May contain nut-derived ingredients
Formulated without gluten-derived ingredients; may have been produced in a facility that also processes gluten-derived ingredients
I was skeptical when I read about the ‘staying power’ of Clove+Hallow’s lip velvet. I had given up on finding a clean long wear lipstick YEARS ago. It just wasn’t out there. And if, indeed, C+H was long wear, I was fearful it’d be drying to the lips. But...I decided to give it a try anyway. And I AM SO GLAD I DID! The blue-red shade Roulette is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. It’s a thicker consistency than I expected and doesn’t glide across the lips upon application as well as I’d like but coverage is beyond great! I’ll be trying a less bold, more nude shade for sure!!!
Loved this product. Everything was perfect, from the shade to the texture. It added the perfect amount of nude to my fierce Nude Lip look. It's velvety smooth and dries down nice. Lasted a few hours longer than expected.
I'm obsessed. Already ordered my second tube. The color is very matte, but stays on for hours and feels so wonderful. Best part, it doesn't leave my lips feeling all chapped. Looks great on Zoom.
Great liquid lip stain. Goes on creamy and dries to a nice matte finish without being drying. Perfect neutral colors, but also available in bolder options.